Reno Phil’s 50th Season of Classix with ‘The Way We Were’
SEPTEMBER 29 & 30, 2018
Live at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts
Join Maestro Laura Jackson as she premieres the Reno Phil’s 50th Season of Classix with The Way We Were. The concert celebrates where we’ve been, by playing two works by legendary American composer, George Gershwin, that were showcased on the Phil’s first ever concert program.
- The Reno Phil concerts will mark the first performances of The Gershwin Critical Editions of Cuban Overture and Concerto in F. This is all part of the Gershwin Initiative – a collaboration between the Gershwin family and the University of Michigan that is an ongoing scholarly examination of the Gershwins’ music.
- Zhou Tian’s A Thousand Years of Good Prayers is a 10-minute musical journey inspired by an old Chinese proverb that roughly states that “a good relationship between two people would take a thousand years of good prayers to bring about.”
Alessio Bax, born in Italy, is known for his longtime obsession with fine dining. He hosts epic multi-course dinner parties in NYC.
ON THE PROGRAM
George GERSHWIN: Cuban Overture, New Critical Edition (Test Performance)
George GERSHWIN: Concerto in F, New Critical Edition (Test Performance)
ZHOU Tian: A Thousand Years of Good Prayers
Maurice RAVEL: Daphnis and Chloe – Suite No. 2
Subscribe to the 6-concert Classix Series Today!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
- Call the Reno Phil office at (775) 323- 6393. Office hours are 9AM – 5PM, Monday- Friday.
- Visit the Reno Phil box office: 925 Riverside Drive, Suite 3.
3. Subscribe online and our box office will contact you for seating.